Second Judicial District Court
75 Court Street, Room 101
Reno, NV 89501
Hours of Operation
Tuesday & Wednesday: 10:00am - 7:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Note: Law Library will remain Closed on all legal holidays listed in
NRS 236.015, and at 5:00 pm the evening before a holiday.
Ask a Law Librarian
continue here: Ask a Law Librarian
Second Judicial District Court Forms
The Law Library is operated by the Second Judicial District Court. It is not affiliated with any other private or public law office/clinic or legal forms entity. The packets and forms available for downloading from this website may be used for individual application but are not to be used or copied for monetary gain or entrepreneurial purposes. Packets and forms are available for downloading from our website and are free of charge.
Click this URL: https://www.washoecourts.com/Main/FormsAndPackets
Library Online Resources
Cannot find the form you need? The Law Library has books and online resources that you can use to find sample language to use in a form you create. When creating your own form, you will need to make sure it follows the Statutes and the Rules of Court, otherwise the court may reject the forms. Please review the following links for the Statutes and Rules of Court.
Nevada Revised Statutes – https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/
Nevada Rules of Civil Procedure – https://www.leg.state.nv.us/Division/Legal/LawLibrary/CourtRules/NRCP.html
Local Rules of Practice for the Second Judicial District Court – https://www.leg.state.nv.us/Division/Legal/LawLibrary/CourtRules/SecondDCR.html
WDCR Rule 10. Form of Pleading, Motions, and Other Papers - Washoe District Court Rule 10
FREE EBSCO access EBSCO Legal Information Reference Center: Providing online full text for many of the top consumer legal reference books, more than 310 full-text publications and thousands of legal forms. Many of the full-text legal reference books are provided through Nolo, the nation's oldest and most-respected provider of legal information for consumers and small businesses. Click Here to Search Ebsco (will open a new window).
- If you have an Ebsco User ID and Password click on the EBSCO Host Icon to login to the database or call 775-328-3250 for immediate temporary access.
FREE Gale LegalForms access: Take the law into your own hands and create accurate, reliable legal documents with no hassle with Gale LegalForms. Many of the forms and documents are available in Word and Adobe format. Gale LegalForms offers an easy-to-use, state-by-state and step-by-step approach to addressing basic legal matters, such as developing a will, conducting real estate transactions including rental or lease agreements, and more. Users have access to thousands of customizable online legal documents that are available anytime, anywhere. Click Here to Search Gale LegalForms.
- Gale LegalForms can be accessed using your library card barcode number. Contact the Law Library for details: 775-328-3250 or LawLibrary@washoecourts.us.
Washoe County Law Library provides free access to Westlaw. Westlaw is an online legal research service providing quick, easy access to West's vast collection of statutes, case law materials, treatises, forms, and other legal resources, as well as primary law for the U.S. and all 50 states.
- Patrons can register for a free Westlaw login that provides 20 hours of usage for 14 days. Content includes Westlaw Edge, secondary sources, and litigation.
- Click here to register: https://legal.thomsonreuters.com/en/c/remote-patron-access.
- Click this link for registration instructions or call the law library for more information (775)328-3250.
Other Forms for Use in Washoe County
Alternatives to Guardianship
- Supported Decision Making: Information and Forms
- Powers of Attorney and Physician Order for Life Sustaining Treatment
Appeal a Court Order
Deed upon Death
- Homestead Form - for filing with Washoe County Recorder.
- Abandonment of Homestead Form - for filing with Washoe County Recorder
- Declaration of Homestead Information from Washoe County Senior Law Project.
Power of Attorney Forms
- Statutory Form Power of Attorney
- Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care Decisions
- Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care Decisions for an Adult with Intellectual Disablility
- Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care Decisions for an Adult with Dementia
Sealing Criminal Records
Termination of Parental Rights and Adoption
Vehicle Without a Title:
When using forms outside the Second Judicial Court keep in mind these forms need to be edited to comply with our local court rules or the case may be rejected.