Second Judicial District Court Resource Center
Are you new to eFlex?
If you have a new eFlex account and feel that you would benefit from an online training, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time and date.
Have you used eFlex in the past but would like a refresher?
Join us for our new drop-in Q&A online meeting, held every Tuesday from 11:30am to 12:30pm.
11:30 AM Pacific Time (US) -
eFlex Q&A webinar
Click here to view on Zoom.us
Program ManagerEmily Reed
Contact InformationResource Center
Second Judicial District Court
One South Sierra, 3rd floor
Reno, NV 89501
Hours of OperationMonday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fridays : 8:00 am - 12 Noon
About the Resource Center
The Resource Center provides citizens of Washoe County with general information about court process and procedures, provides educational material and information regarding legal resources in the community, and creates packets and forms for divorce, legal separation, custody, motions, name changes, annulments and guardianships. Staff works directly with citizens in person or over the telephone. We are located in the Family Court building at 1 S. Sierra Street.
Notice Regarding Available Forms and Packets
The Resource Center is operated by the Second Judicial District Court - Family Division. It is not affiliated with any other private or public law office/clinic or legal forms entity. The packets and forms available for downloading from this website may be used for individual application but are not to be used or copied for monetary gain or entrepreneurial purposes.
Many Resource Center packets and forms are available for downloading from this website and are free of charge. You may purchase packets for $3.00 and forms for $1.00 at the Resource Center, Law Library, or Filing Office.
Scope of Services
- Facilitating access to legal information and resources;
- Developing Family Court forms and packets for use by self represented litigants;
- Explaining Court process and procedures;
- Offering information regarding the filing and service of documents;
- Notarizing Resource Center forms only;
- Making general information available about the Family Court and Nevada Law;
- Providing referrals to available legal resources and other appropriate services within the Court and community; and
- The Law Library and the Resource Center can now assist our patrons in 240 different languages.
- Provide assistance with cases involving termination of parental rights;
- Provide assistance with cases involving adoption;
- Provide assistance with cases involving paternity;
- Provide legal advice or representation;
- Extend services to litigants who are represented by private counsel;
- Have ex parte access to judicial officers on behalf of self represented litigants;
- Offer services to litigants regarding Supreme Court appeals other than to direct them to the Nevada Rules of Appellate Procedure;
- Refer self represented litigants directly to specific private attorneys;
- Mail or fax court forms or packets; or
- Evaluate cases or offer an opinion on what results can be expected.