Jessica Bradshaw - (775) 325-6788
Minor Guardianship - Home Page
Minor Guardianships are heard by the Honorable Judge Tamatha Schreinert in Department 14, Family Division, Second Judicial District Court, 3rd Floor, One South Sierra, Reno, NV 89501.
In response to COVID-19, minor guardianship hearings are currently being held via Zoom. The Zoom link for hearings is provided in Court Orders scheduling hearings and can also be found on the Court's Online Hearings website under Department 14.
Letters of Guardianship
Before the Court can issue Letters of Guardianship, each appointed Guardian must sign and file an Acknowledgement of Duties and Responsibilities of a Guardian. The Oath of guardianship needs to be subscribed before someone authorized to administer oaths (a notary or the judicial officer during Court).
If you were appointed Guardian of the Person of the Protected Minor, click here for the Acknowledgment. If you were appointed Guardian of the Estate of the Protected Minor, click here for the Acknowledgment. Please fill out and file one Acknowledgement for each Guardian.
There are three ways to obtain Letters of Guardianship:
- If the Oath of Guardianship was given during a Court hearing, file the Acknowledgment and wait for the Letters to be issued. The Court will sign the Letters, affix the seal, and file them into the case. This typically takes 3-4 days to process.
The Oath can be signed by a notary and the Letters can be submitted to the Court via eFlex, once the Acknowledgment is filed. This typically takes 1-2 days to process.
- Go to the eFile screen for your Existing Case.
- EFile the Letters and notarized Oath using Document Category: Issuance and Document Type: **Document Issued by the Court and then submit the Letters and Oath.
- The Court will sign the Letters, affix the seal, and file them into the case.
- Certified Letters of Guardianship can be issued by the Court's Resource Center located at One South Sierra Street, Third Floor, Reno, Nevada 89501. You will need to bring a government identification card to be given the Oath of Guardianship. The Letters will be issued immediately, and a certified copy will be given to each guardian. *No fee will be charged for certified copies of first-time Letters being issued. A $3.00 fee will be charged for certified copies of previously issued Letters.
The District Court cannot give legal advice or assist the public in drafting petitions or other documents to be filed. Self-represented litigants are responsible to familiarize themselves with law that is applicable to their case. Individuals who are proceeding without the assistance of an attorney may contact the Resource Center to obtain guardianship packets or documents. The Resource Center is located at One South Sierra Street, Third Floor, Reno, Nevada 89501.