Second Judicial District Court
75 Court Street, Room 101
Reno, NV 89501
Hours of Operation
Tuesday & Wednesday: 10:00am - 7:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Note: Law Library will remain Closed on all legal holidays listed in
NRS 236.015, and at 5:00 pm the evening before a holiday.
Ask a Law Librarian
continue here: Ask a Law Librarian
We are the public law library for Washoe County. As a public library, everyone is welcome to use any and all of the library's legal resources. Our staff is dedicated to helping you find and access the law. We invite you to visit or call the law library for further assistance.
The mission of the Washoe County Law Library is to enhance access to justice by (1) providing legal information, education, resources, tools, and materials, in print and digital formats, to those engaged with the justice system, and (2) partnering with the courts, bar associations, legal clinics, civic organizations, and government entities to help ensure the legal needs of the community are addressed.
Technology for Public Use
- Computers: Five public computers, three computers with access to Westlaw legal research database, and two Contexte terminals which allow patrons to search the court record. Patrons can print from all terminals except those used for accessing Contexte.
- Wifi: There is free Wifi in the Courthouse.
- Printing & Copying: Patrons can print and make copies for $.25 a page. Wifi printing is also available.
- Scanning: Patrons can scan to a flash drive for free.
- Free Library Online Resources: Includes legal forms and law research databases.
- Confidentiality of Library Records Policy: This policy covers procedures for the handling and protection of library records and the confidentiality of all patrons’ library records.
- Internet Safety Policy: This policy informs the public of the Law Library’s compliance with the Children’s Internet Protection Act, which requires the Court to implement internet traffic filtering on publicly accessible internet-connected computer terminals for the purpose of protecting minors from harmful content on the Internet.
- Library Card Policy: This policy informs the public about the Law Library’s lending practices and how to apply for a library card in order to borrow items.
- Meeting Room Use Policy: The meeting rooms provided by the Washoe County Law Library are prioritized for Law Library and Court-related programs. They may be reserved or used by other individuals for legal-related matters when not otherwise reserved or in use.
- Patron Conduct Policy: The policy informs patrons of appropriate conduct while visiting the Law Library. It also describes inappropriate behavior and the consequences resulting from such behavior.