Adult Guardianships are handled by Department 7 of the Second Judicial District Court.
The District Court cannot give legal advice or assist the public in drafting petitions. Individuals who are proceeding without the assistance of an attorney, may contact the Self-Help Center to obtain guardianship packets that may assist in initiating or responding to a guardianship case. Self-represented litigants are responsible to familiarize themselves with law that is applicable to their case. The Self Help Center is available for public use during the following hours: 8:00am to 4:30pm; the Self Help Center is located at 1 South Sierra Street, First Floor, Reno, Nevada 89501.
Adult Guardianships are heard every Friday. Please carefully read your court documents for hearing time and location.
The Honorable Egan Walker, Guardianship Judge
Administrative Assistant: Laura Watts-Vial (775)328-3158
Court Clerk: Teresa Travers (775)328-3135
- Instructions for Guardians
- Public Guardians General Acknowledgment
- Adult Guardianship Flow Chart
- Guardianship Training
- Neighborhood Mediation Center
- Adult Guardianship Case Initiation
- Protected Person Bill of Rights
- Elder Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation: Legal Resources and Remedies Guide
- Adult Guardianship Physicians Certificate with Needs Assessment
- GA-1 (Part A) Petition for Guardianship of an Adult with Immediate, Temporary Guardianship Request
- GA-1 (Part B) Petition for Guardianship of an Adult with Immediate, Temporary Guardianship Requested
- GA-2 Petition for Guardianship of an Adult
- GA - Report of the Guardian of the Adult Person
- ***Required Identification Sheet
- Guardians Acknowledgment of Duties and Responsibilities Estate
- Guardians Acknowledgment of Duties and Responsibilities Person
- Guardianship Inventory Appraisal and Record of Value - Adult
***Required Identification Sheet must be completed and provided to the court in every guardianship case