Second Judicial District Court
75 Court Street, Room 101
Reno, NV 89501
Hours of Operation
Tuesday & Wednesday: 10:00am - 7:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Note: Law Library will remain Closed on all legal holidays listed in
NRS 236.015, and at 5:00 pm the evening before a holiday.
Ask a Law Librarian
continue here: Ask a Law Librarian
Lawyer in the Library
The Washoe County Law Library's Lawyer in the Library program gives the public an opportunity to speak with a licensed attorney for 15 minutes on matters related to Family, General, and Probate Law.
If you have an attorney already, you may not participate in the program.
- Family Law covers divorce, adoption, paternity, child custody, child support, and other family-related legal issues. Tuesdays 5-7 p.m.
- Probate Law covers wills, trusts, and estates. First and Third Wednesdays 5-7 p.m.
- General Law covers most civil law matters not covered by Family or Probate Law; such as traffic tickets, employment law, landlord and tenant issues, contract disputes, etc. Wednesdays 5-7 p.m.
How the Lawyer in the Library program works:
- You will attend the program via Zoom on your phone, tablet, or computer. If you don't know how to use Zoom, please contact the Law Library for assistance.
- Please be aware that you may be seen any time between 5 and 7 p.m. Please plan for a wait.
- Program registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis beginning on Thursdays at 9:00 AM.
- If you are unable to attend, please notify us immediately so we can open the spot up for others in need.
- The attorneys are volunteers; you are not their client; there is no attorney-client relationship and they cannot represent you. After your appointment, do not contact them about your case.
- The volunteer attorney cannot help you fill out forms. If you need help filling out forms, we can provide you with information about forms clinics. If you just have procedural questions, Law Library staff may be able to assist you.
- Questions? Call us at 775-328-3250 or email LawLibrary@washoecourts.us.