Department 13 - Honorable Bridget E. Robb
BiographyBridget Robb was born on April 22, 1962 in Tonopah Nevada. She graduated from the University of Nevada in 1984 with a Bachelor of Arts in English. She graduated from Santa Clara University School of Law in 1987 with a Juris Doctorate, cum laude. Judge Robb was admitted to practice in Nevada in both State and Federal court in 1987 and before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in 1993.
Her private practice began as an associate with Lionel Sawyer & Collins. In 1988 she moved to Gordon & Silver, Ltd where she became a shareholder in 1993. In 1995 she left to form the firm of Beesley & Peck, Ltd. and served as managing shareholder of the Beesley, Peck & Matteoni law firm from 1999 with April 2006. Her legal experience includes routine to very sophisticated business transactions; commercial litigation in both state and federal court; domestic relations; administrative law and appellate work.
On April 18, 2006, Governor Kenny C. Guinn appointed Judge Robb to the Second Judicial District Court.
During her career, Judge Robb has worked to improve the legal profession, to protect clients and to assist the administration of justice in Nevada. She has served on various Supreme Court Task Forces and committees which: updated the professional rules of ethics for lawyers; required lawyers who are not licensed in Nevada to comply with Nevada's rules of ethics; and worked to establish a Business Court in Washoe and Clark counties to help attract business to our state. She has volunteered her time and services to provide legal assistance to people with low incomes and to help victims of domestic violence.
Judge Robb has worked as a member of the following professional organizations:
- State Bar of Nevada - (1987-present)
- Board of Governors (2001-present)
- Northern Nevada Discipline Board (mentor-1994; panel member-1995- 2001; Vice Chairman 1999-2001)
- Ethics 2000 Task Force (2004)
- State Bar Bankruptcy Section, chairman (2000-2003)
- Supreme Court Committee on Establishment of Business Court (2000)
- Supreme Court Task Force on Multi-Jurisdictional Practice (2001-2002)
- Supreme Court Bench/Bar Committee (2005-present)
- Washoe County Bar Association - (1987-present)
- Executive Board (1996-2001; President 2000-2001)
- Volunteer Lawyers of Washoe County, Board of Directors (1998-2000)
- Washoe County Access to Justice Committee (2002-present)
- Task Force on Gender, Racial and Economic Equity in the Court (1998- 2000)