Filing Office

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain copies of a document from my case?

By Mail:
Please send a request to:
Second Judicial District Court
Attn: Mail Desk
75 Court Street, Room 131
Reno, NV 89501

Include with your Request:
  • Case numbers and names of the parties in these cases
  • Title of the documents you are requesting
  • Date the document was filed (or your best estimate)
  • Indicate if you need certified copies, or regular photocopies
  • Your contact info: Name, address and telephone number
  • Self-addressed, stamped envelope
  • Payment must be in the form of a money order, cashier's check or business check made payable to Second Judicial District Court. Personal checks or cash are not accepted.
All photocopies are 50 cents per page. There is an additional $3.00 per document charge for a certified copy. If you do not know the number of pages, there is a required $50.00 deposit. If additional money is required, we will contact you. If the cost is less than $50.00, a refund will be made.

In Person:
Please come into the Filing office, located inside the historic courthouse at 75 Court Street in Reno, Nevada. Documents are viewable on our public terminals, and copies may be requested with a small form which will be provided to you. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be to find your case. Payment can be made in person by cash, money order, personal check or credit card. When paying with a personal check or credit card, the ID of the person presenting it must match the name on the payment method.

How do I find my Court Date and Time?

For a list of today's hearings: See the Daily Calendar on our website.

If you do not know your court date, Click Here to search for future hearing dates by name and follow these steps: Note: Court hearings heard today will NOT be listed:
  1. Enter the name to be searched, click SUBMIT
  2. Click on the desired blue case number
  3. To view any scheduled court hearings: Click on the arrow to the left of EVENT INFORMATION
Before attending a court hearing, you may wish to familiarize yourself with the Courtroom Rules.

How Can I Receive E-Filing Assistance?

Please see our E-Filing User Guide for documentation.

E-filing training is available on the first and third Thursday of every month from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Training is held in the Court IT Lab on the 2nd Floor of the 75 Court Street Courthouse. Space is limited to the first 12 participants.

How do I file documents at the District Court?

Filing by mail is only allowed for cases that are not subject to mandatory electronic filing. Documents may be mailed to 75 Court Street, Reno, Nevada 89501.

Filing in Person may be completed at the Filing Office located on the 1st floor of the courthouse located at 75 Court Street. There is an E-Filing Hub available for those documents that fall under the mandatory electronic filing requirement.

E-filing is mandatory for the following types of cases:
  • Criminal
  • Civil
  • Probate
  • Juvenile - Delinquency
  • Juvenile - Dependency
  • Adult Guardianship

Note: Issuance of summons, executions, citations, or letters of testamentary: These MUST be submitted by mail or in person for any type of case.

If electronic filing creates a hardship for you, please ask the Filing Office for information about obtaining an Application to Opt Out.

How can I request an interpreter?

In accordance with federal mandates and state requirements, the District Court provides free language assistance services to all Limited English Proficient who have a case pending in the Court. You may request an interpreter for an upcoming court hearing at these places:
  • Court Services
  • Family Court Front Counter
  • Self Help Center
  • Filing Office
  • Law Library
  • On the Family or Civil Coversheet
  • During any court proceeding
To learn more about interpreter services, please contact the Interpreter and Jury Manager at 775-328-3152.

How do I search for information about a case or person in the District Court?

To search for a case by a person's name or company name:
  1. Go to
  2. Click on CASE INQUIRY
  3. Click on either Person, Company, or Detailed Case Search
  4. Enter the information to be searched, click SUBMIT
  5. Click on the desired blue case number
  6. To view any scheduled court hearings: Click on the arrow to the left of EVENT INFORMATION and any court hearings will be displayed.
  7. To view a list of documents filed: Click on the arrow to the left of DOCKET ENTRY INFORMATION and description and date filed for each filing will be displayed.

Where can I park when coming to the court?

Parking is available at the Parking Gallery for a fee (see map below). If your visit to the court will be less than 2 hours, metered parking is available along all streets surrounding the court buildings. These meters accept coins and credit/debit cards. If you are a juror, please see information about Jury Parking.

What should I do if I am going to be late for court?

If you are a plaintiff or defendant in a case and have an attorney, you should contact your attorney immediately. If you do not have their phone number, you can search by name on the Nevada State Bar website.

If you are representing yourself or are an attorney of record, please contact the Filing Office at 775-328-3110 and you will be transferred to the appropriate department.

If you are a witness, you must contact the office that subpoenaed you. This information can be found on your subpoena.

If you are a juror, please contact the Jury Commissioner's Office at 775-328-3152 as soon as possible.

Is there a dress code when I come to court?

Yes. The courtroom is a place of business. Dress should reflect the dignity of the courtroom and be business appropriate. Please do not wear tanks tops, hats, shorts, sweats, or flip flops. Sunglasses should be removed from your eyes and head. All cellular devices will need to be turned off or silenced, including vibration notifications. Please know that the temperature of the courtrooms may fluctuate.

For more information about courtroom rules, please see the Attending Court tab on our website.

How do I find out what court jobs are available?

Please visit our website for all Employment Opportunities.