Family Division Self Help Center
One South Sierra, 1st floor
Reno, NV 89501
Hours of Operation
M-TH 8:00 - 4:30 pm
8:00 - Noon only
NOTICE REGARDING AVAILABLE FORMS AND PACKETS
The Self Help Center is operated by the Second Judicial District Court - Family Division. It is not affiliated with any other private or public law office/clinic or legal forms entity. The packets and forms available for downloading from this website may be used for individual application but are not to be used or copied for monetary gain or entrepreneurial purposes.
Many Self Help Center packets and forms are available for downloading from this website and are free of charge.
Packets are $3 each
Forms are $1 each
You may purchase packets for $3.00 and forms for $1.00 at the Self Help Center, Law Library, or Filing Office.
Currently Available Online Forms and Packets
Legal Services Monthly Calendar.pdf
Due to limited staffing, the Self Help Center is unable to respond to e-mail at this time.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Family Division Self Help Center assists those who represent themselves in Family Court. Services provided by the Family Division Self Help Center include:
The Family Division Self Help Center cannot, and does not, take the place of private counsel. If you can afford an attorney, it is recommended by this office that you retain private counsel to represent you in any legal matter. Those seeking assistance from the Family Division Self Help Center are not clients of the Center. There is no Attorney/Client relationship between those that seek the assistance of the Family Division Self Help Center and the staff of the Center.
- Facilitating access to legal information and resources;
- Developing Family Court forms and packets for use by self represented litigants;
- Explaining Court process and procedures;
- Offering information regarding the filing and service of documents.
- Notarizing Family Division Self Help Center forms only;
- Making general information available about the Family Court and Nevada Law; and
- Providing referrals to available legal resources and other appropriate services within the Court and community.
The Family Division Self Help Center DOES NOT:
- Provide assistance with cases involving termination of parental rights
- Provide assistance with cases involving adoption
- Provide assistance with cases involving paternity
- Provide legal advice or representation;
- Extend services to litigants who are represented by private counsel;
- Have ex parte access to judicial officers on behalf of self represented litigants;
- Offer services to litigants regarding Supreme Court appeals other than to direct them to the Nevada Rules of Appellate Procedure;
- Refer self represented litigants directly to specific private attorneys;
- Mail or fax court forms or packets
- Evaluate cases or offer an opinion on what results can be expected.