Second Judicial District Court Historical Perspective

Taber
Harold O Taber

JUDGE HAROLD O. TABER

(1951-1954)

Harold O. Taber was born in Twin Falls, Idaho on March 4, 1910. He is the son of Oliver P. Taber and Ivy M. Taber, who moved to Nevada in 1913. He attended the public schools in Sparks and Reno and graduated from Reno High School in 1928. Thereafter, he attended the University of Nevada and received a BA degree in 1932. He studied law at the School of Jurisprudence, University of California, (Boalt Hall) and was awarded a degree of LLB in 1936. He took the bar examination the same year and was admitted to practice by the Supreme Court of the State of Nevada on October 2, 1936.

He served as Assistant District Attorney of Washoe County for five years and was elected District Attorney of Washoe County in 1945. After completing a four-year term as District Attorney of Washoe County he was elected as the first judge of the newly created Department 3 of the Second Judicial District Court. Upon completion of a four-year term on the bench he did not seek re-election and returned to private practice. Since 1955 he has been engaged in the general practice of law as a senior partner of the law firm of Goldwater, Taber and Hill.

Mr. Taber has been a member of the Board of Governors of the State Bar of Nevada for approximately 10 years and in 1966 held the office of Second Vice-President of the State Bar of Nevada.

He is an ardent sportsman and his hobbies are duck hunting and gold. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Canvasback Gun Club and the Hidden Valley Country Club.

His wife, Marilyn F. Taber, is active in the Ladies Auxiliary of the Washoe County Bar Association. He has two children, Kenneth D. Taber, a student at the University of Nevada, and Mrs. Sue Annand, and has two grandchildren.
Footer

Second Judicial District Court
75 Court St.
Reno, Nevada, 89501