Law Library & Self-Help Center
Seminars on Video
Seminars listed below may be watched on video-on-demand by clicking any title below that has a link. After a new seminar is videotaped it may be several weeks before the newest video is made available on-line.
- Evidentiary Issues in Family Court (September 2017) Speaker: Master Grossman. If you are a Lawyer in the Library volunteer and would like to receive a CLE credit for viewing this video, please contact Emily Reed at Emily.Reed@washoecourts.us
- Developments in Family Court - Project One (February 2017) Speaker: Hon. Egan Walker. If you are a Lawyer in the Library volunteer and would like to receive a CLE credit for viewing this video, please contact Emily Reed at Emily.Reed@washoecourts.us
- Discovery Developments in 2015 (Jan 2016) Speaker: Hon. Wes Ayres
- 15 Tips for Success in District Court (Nov 2016) Speaker: Hon. Lynne K. Simons. - If you are a Lawyer in the Library volunteer and would like to receive a CLE credit for viewing this video, please email Emily Reed at Emily.Reed@washoecourts.us
- Legal Research (Jan 2011) Speaker: Hon. Wes Ayres
- Termination of Parental Rights & Adoption in Nevada (Feb 2011) Speaker: Muriel Skelly Esq.
- Bankruptcy Law Seminar (FEB 2010). Speaker: Patricia Phair Esq. Handout
- Child Custody and Visitation (SEPT 2010). Speaker: Muriel Skelly Esq. Handout
- Discovery Process in Civil Cases (AUG 2010). Speaker: Honorable Wes Ayres Discovery Commissioner Second Judicial District Court. Handout
- Guide to Debt Collection Law for the Consumer (OCT 2010). Speaker: Geoffrey Giles Esq. Handout
- Questions & Answers on Landlord Tenant Law (JUNE 2010).
- Guardianship Law in Nevada (APR 2010). Speaker: Ryan J. Earl Esq. Handout
- Nevada Homeowner's Association Law with 2009 Nevada Legislative Updates (MAY 2010). Speakers: Gayle Kern Esq. and Sara Barry CM CMSA PCAM. Handout
- Small Claims 101: How to Present Your Case or Defend It. (JULY 2010). Speaker: Honorable Kevin G. Higgins Handout
- Starting and Running a Small Business AND Top 10 Legal Mistakes Entrepreneurs Make (MAR 2010). Speakers: Jeanne H. Yamamura CPA MIM PHD and Mark Smallhouse Esq.Handout
- What Can You Do About Your Conviction? (JAN 2010). Learn About appeals sealing records writs & pardons. Speaker: Richard Cornell Esq. Handout
- DUI the Legal System and You 2009. Speaker: Roger Whomes Esq.
- General Overview of Nevada Foreclosure Law for the Homeowner (Mar. 2009). Speaker: Doug Flowers Esq.
- Recent Updates to Nevada Foreclosure Law for the Homeowner (Nov. 2009). Speaker: Doug Flowers Esq.
- A General Overview of Probate Law in Nevada (2009). Speaker: Stanley Brown Jr. Esq.
- Wills & Trusts: How to Safeguard Your Assets (2009). Speaker: William O'Mara Esq.
- Kids Nowadays Can you Believe the Things They Do? Juvenile Justice System in the 21st Century Speaker: Ryan Sullivan Esq. Washoe County Public Defender.
- Landlord Tenant Matters in Reno Justice Court: Including Recent Updates in Nevada Law (July 2009) Speaker:
- Nevada's Labor Law : an Evening with the Labor Commissioner (2009). Speaker: Michael Tanchek Labor Commissioner.
- Preparing Your Case for Trial in District Court (2009). Speaker: Judge Jerome Poloha.
- The American Jury System and the Right to a Jury Trial (2008). Speaker: Judge Jerome Polaha.
- Duties & Responsibilities of a Personal Representative of an Estate (2008). Speaker: Stanley Brown Jr. Esq.
- How to Resolve a Dispute Using Mediation (2008). Speaker: Lance Allen and Neighborhood Mediation Center Program Director
- Immigration Law (2008). Ian Silverberg Esq.
- Representing Yourself in Family Court (2006). Speaker: Muriel Skelly Esq.