Legal Seminars at the Law Library
This is a free program with a different legal topic each month. Speakers are local volunteer attorneys. If you would like to attend please sign-up ahead of time by calling the Law Library at 775-328-3250.
Seminars on Video and DVD
The monthly Legal Seminars are videotaped and are available in various formats including video-on-demand DVD or VHS (older videos). These may be checked out from the law library without purchasing a Law Library Circulation Card.
Seminar videos are replayed on the Washoe Channel on your TV from the Charter digital channel 217 or 80.9 on your digital converter. Click on the link to the Washoe County website for scheduling.
Newer seminars (2008 and later) may be watched on video-on-demand by clicking any title below that has a link. After a new seminar is videotaped it will be several weeks before the newest video is available here.
Seminars done in prior years are on VHS tape and may be borrowed from the law library.
- Basics of Living in a Homeowner's Assocation (2007). Speakers: Michael T. Schulman Esq. and Sara E. Barry CM CMCA PCAM.
- Consumer's Guide to the Debt Collection Process (2007). Speaker: Thomas Brooksbank Esq.
- What does the Probate Commissioner's Office do? (2007) Speaker: Linda Bowman Esq. Washoe County Probate Commissioner.
- District Court Procedures: Both Civil and Criminal (2006). Speaker: Judge Jerome Polaha
- Representing Yourself in Family Court (2006). Speaker: Muriel Skelly Esq.
- The Residential Purchase Agreement: Buying or Selling a House (2006). Speaker: Melody Luetkehans Esq.
- Roles and Responsibilities for Homeowners Associations (2006). Speakers: Sara E. Barry CAM CMCA PCAM.
- Social Security Disability Law (2007). Speaker: Dennis Cameron Esq.
- Consumer Construction From A-Z (2002). Speaker: Charles Woodman Esq.
- Forming a Nevada Business (2002). Speaker: Michael Morrison Esq.
- Presenting Your Small Claims Case: Justice Court Procedures (2007). Speaker: Hon. Barbara K. Finley.
- Real Estate Predatory Lending (2004). Mark Krueger Sr. Deputy Attorney General Nevada Attorney General`s Office.
- What to do When you Get Injured on the Job (2005). Speaker: Herb Santos Jr.
Use the 'Ask a Librarian' tab at the top to request a monthly e-mail notification of the seminar topics. Please e-mail Ask a Law Librarian or call the Library at 775-328-3250 with any questions about seminar video access.
Disclaimer: The information on this web page should NOT be construed as providing legal advice; any inquiries relating to legal issues should be directed to legal counsel.