Family Self Help Center
First Floor, One South Sierra
Reno, NV 89501
Hours of Operation
M-TH 8:30 - 4:30 pm
8:30 - 11:30
Closed Noon - 5:00 pm
NOTICE REGARDING AVAILABLE FORMS AND PACKETS
The Self Help Center is operated by the Second Judicial District Court - Family Division. It is not affiliated with any other private or public law office/clinic or legal forms entity. The packets and forms available for downloading from this website may be used for individual application but are not to be used or copied for monetary gain or entrepreneurial purposes.
Many Self Help Center packets and forms are available for downloading from this website and are free of charge.
If you need a packet or form that is currently not available online, please send a written request along with a check or money order to:
Second Judicial District Court
Attn: Mail Desk
75 Court Street
Reno, NV 89521
Packets are $3 each
Forms are $1 each
Please be advised that at this time not all Family related packets are available online. We are in the process of reworking all available packets to be placed on-line. Please check back soon. Thank you for your patience.
Currently Available Online Forms and Packets
Due to limited staffing, the Self Help Center is unable to respond to e-mail at this time.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Family Court Self Help Center assists those who represent themselves in Family Court. Services provided by the Family Court Self Help Center include:
The Family Court Self Help Center cannot, and does not, take the place of private counsel. If you can afford an attorney, it is recommended by this office that you retain private counsel to represent you in any legal matter. Those seeking assistance from the Family Court Self Help Center are not clients of the Center. There is no Attorney/Client relationship between those that seek the assistance of the Family Court Self Help Center and the staff of the Center.
- Facilitating access to legal information and resources;
- Developing Family Court forms and packets for use by self represented litigants;
- Explaining Court process and procedures;
- Offering information regarding the filing and service of documents.
- Notarizing Family Court Self Help Center forms;
- Coordinating workshops, informational sessions and seminars;
- Making general information available about the Family Court and Nevada Law; and
- Providing referrals to available legal resources and other appropriate services within the Court and community.
The Family Court Self Help Center DOES NOT:
- Provide assistance with cases involving termination of parental rights
- Provide assistance with cases involving adoption
- Provide assistance with cases involving paternity
- Provide legal advice or representation;
- Extend services to litigants who are represented by private counsel;
- Have ex parte access to judicial officers on behalf of self represented litigants;
- Offer services to litigants regarding Supreme Court appeals other than to direct them to the Nevada Rules of Appellate Procedure;
- Refer self represented litigants directly to specific private attorneys;
- Mail or fax court forms or packets
- Evaluate cases or offer an opinion on what results can be expected.